STORYJUMPER " I CHOOSE HAPPINESS "



Hi!

As my students are really young, I have created a story to work in class “ I CHOOSE HAPPINESS”. It is based on the importance of making new friends and how to do it. The idea is to help my students understand that friendship is essential in our lives and we mustn’t exclude anyone.

Before showing the story, I ask my students how they make friends and if they find it difficult. After listening their answers, I start with the story.

At the end of the story, there are two main questions to answer orally: Do you like meeting new people? What do you do to make new friends? 

The idea is to make my students reflect on the importance of friendship and that must respect others. After talking about it, I organize my students in groups of four and I give a card to each group. In it, they can read a quote about friendship.

Each group must reflect on its card and draw a picture about it. Then, I am going to create a book with Storyjumper, where I include their images and quotes.  

After creating the book, I show it in class and one by one, each group has to explain its quote and the reason why they have done that image. 

At the end, each student gives his opinion about the work the others have done, promoting Co-evaluation. 

Storyjumper has helped me to do the activity more interesting as in the end, my students are going to have an online book that they can share with all the people they want. This makes the activity much more relevant and interesting. 

In addition, I think that this web helps students to develop creativity and imagination, as they have the opportunity of doingwhat they want and in different ways.

Bye!

Carmen

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

EDPUZZLE ACTIVITY " STEVE AND MAGGIE "

REFLECT OF READING HABITS

WELCOME!