REFLECT OF READING HABITS


Hello! These are the answers for the Activity 2.2

What kind of books or texts are the people reading? Did they chose the books themselves or did someone else choose for them? 

My parents used to read to me when I was a child and as a result, I love reading. I read before sleeping every day because it helps me to relax and disconnect.  I think that reading for pleasure is one of the best ways to learn a language. It teaches you new vocabulary in an indirect way and in a positive atmosphere. I have never seen reading as a complex or annoying task but of course, nowadays I enjoy reading more as before because I know what I like and nobody says what should I read. Generally, at school, children read books that teachers have chosen before. As a consequence, I think that many students don’t find pleasure on reading, because maybe they are not related to their preferences. People, who love reading, choose a book for many reasons, but people who suddenly decide read a book is because someone has suggested it.

Describe how they might be feeling at the moment and give reasons.

Images 1, 3 and 5: People are enjoying themselves as they are reading because they want to.
Images 2 and 4: Children read for pressure, so, in this way, I think that they are not understanding the main reason to read, that is having fun and learn from it.

Focus on one or two of the photos and say how they relate to your own experience as a reader in L1 (Spanish) and L2 (English or another foreign language). Think about the following things:

I always read in English, unless the book is originally written in Spanish. The main reason is because I use it as a way to improve my English level. I read love stories and mysteries, depending on my mood. I don’t like digital books, I like having the books and read in paper, although I know its not good for the environment! I always read before sleeping and in my bed. I like having something different to think while falling asleep.

Comentarios

  1. I totally agree with you, Carmen. I think that reading is one of the best ways to learn a language and to improve your level on that language. I always associate reading with positive feelings and memories. I feel sorry for those people who are not able to enjoy reading because it is a real pleasure. Like you I always read in English unless the book is originally written in Spanish.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I share your point of view as well. Reading has always been an important activity in my family since my parents encouraged me to read whatever I wanted when I was a child. For me, it is one of the best moments of the day since reading helps me to relax and forget problems for a while. I try to read in English as much as possible because it is a way to keep in contact with the language and to focus not only on vocabulary but also on syntax and style.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

EDPUZZLE ACTIVITY " STEVE AND MAGGIE "

WELCOME!